Drafting, checking and sending service for one lasting power of attorney application (no printing required). Additional fees may be payable for registration, which is means tested and changes from time to time.
Drafting, binding, checking, storage and registration service for one Will (no printing required). Additional fees may apply for document retrieval.
1. The services offered on this page are sold at distance and therefore may not be suitable in some situations, such as those where the validity of the document might be disputed or where there are issues involving capacity, if you are in any doubt then please get in contact first.
2. If your situation changes by new matters coming to light or unexpected problems are encountered then these will be discussed you and your permission to continue will be obtained before charging for any additional costs arising from the changed situation.
3. In the event that third parties become involved, you would be responsible for their fees, although their additional costs will not be incurred without your prior approval.
4. Contact will be made as soon as possible and within 14 days of you placing your order for a suitability check to be carried out relating to your order.
5. This agreement is subject to a 14-day cooling off period, a full refund will be given if you cancel your order within 14 days of placing it.
6. If you require immediate action, please confirm this in writing. Your rights are still protected but you will be liable for any reasonable costs up to the point of cancellation.
7. Cancellations must be made in writing (email is fine). If you cancel your order after 14 days, or if you waive the cooling off period, you understand that any reasonable costs up to the point of cancellation will be deducted from any refund due.
8. Please note that payment is for work that is completed regardless of whether the matter is successful or not.
9. Orders for Lasting Powers of Attorney will take longer than 30 days to complete due to the four week statutory waiting period.
10. You will be responsible for paying any government application fees, where appropriate. Lasting Power of Attorney fee information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/power-of-attorney-fees
11. In order to assist with the smooth handling of your case, you will need to provide full instructions and respond to requests for information, documents, etc as soon as is reasonably practical.
12. You will normally be updated with regards to the progress of your order at least once every 28 days. There will however be occasions where this may not be appropriate.
13. In addition to Paypal, payment can also be made by cheque or postal order made payable to Mr P Phillips or by bank transfer.
14. The legal liability of Legal Services At Home, howsoever arising, is capped at £1,000,000. You agree that this cap on liability is fair and reasonable having regard to all of the circumstances which were, or ought reasonably to have been, known to you or in your contemplation at the time of any engagement or provision of services. It is of course open to you to seek to obtain legal services elsewhere without such limitation.
15. Your affairs will be treated as strictly private and confidential. However in certain limited circumstances, the law requires that the authorities are notified if there are suspicions that serious criminal activity is taking place or about to take place.
16. Your details will be held on a database and Legal Services At Home may use these details, from time to time, to send you information that might be of interest.
17. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising out of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
18. If you wish to complain about any aspects of these services you should make your complaint initially to Legal Services At Home, who will try to resolve matters to your satisfaction. You will not be charged for time spent handling any complaints.
19. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may then make a further complaint to the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CLEx). For more information about CILEx please visit www.cilex.org.uk or phone the Institute on 01234 841 000.
20. CILEx Regulation Limited sets and maintains standards in legal work and services, which they regulate and can take action if those standards are not met.